Outgoing emails listed as spam

leonard787

Baseband Member
Hi, I am the administrator for my church's website and the outgoing emails from our domain are continually marked as spam by email services, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and even some other less advanced servers. Is there a free service or script I can used to stop getting marked as spam?

Did you spam?

Do you run a mailing list? How do you manage your subscriptions?

What are your results from using one of the blacklist checkers [mxtoolbox.com] on-line?

No we do not spam, we just send out replies to emails sent to us and contacting individuals. Thanks for the blacklist checker, and every thing checks out for it clean. We also do not have a mailing list Is there any other reason this may happen?

Perhaps some of the words you use in your replies are spammy, i.e., words commonly used in spam mails, and so Gmail, etc. marked your mails as spam. But this is unlikely as you are responding to e-mails sent to you, and not soliciting proactively.

If you suspect this, do a search on spam trigger words, and see if you use any of these words.

Given that you are not on blacklists, I have to ask: how do you know that Gmail, etc. are marking your mails as spam? Sometimes people claim that mails went to spam folder to get out of responding immediately. Could this be the case? (I don't mean to offend you or your friends, just exploring all possibilities.)

Well I sent several emails to a few people and I expected replies from them but I never heard back from them. I also was told by someone that they never got the email I sent them but they may have just over looked the emails. I just assumed that your server had to be verified somehow to become whitelisted. Thanks

Servers are innocent unless proven otherwise. :) I suspect people just overlooked your mails.

Back
Top Bottom