No more free DynDns?

Rmp5s

In Runtime
I just got back from 7 mo in Afghanistan with the Marine Corps and, while getting my home network set back up and all that, I noticed that DynDns isn't free any more? It seems like I can't add a host without paying now...am I missing something or did they in fact get rid of their free service?

If it is in fact no longer free, can someone recommend a free alternative? I don't really use it for anything important so I'm not going to pay for it...even though it is pretty cheap.

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I believe that dyndns is still free. I haven't used mine in a while, in fact I had to create a new account. That said have a look at setup wizard. It should help you get started. I am sure you have some of the stuff done but it will give you some steps to go through. If dyndns doesn't work for you anymore I can find a similar provider for you.

Even from the wizard thing (which I hadn't seen before...thanks!) it says I have to "try a 30 day trial of Pro" to add a host. Very lame. I've had this service for ever...shame they decided to do this.

Back
Top Bottom