Networking help

0ldsch00l

Beta member
I have purchased another xbox 360 for the living room to use with windows media center and netflix. It is connected via a xbox wireless adapter(802.11b/g). When I stream netflix the quality is terrible which defeats its purpose. My router is a netgear wireless-n WNR834Bv2. I'm thinking of connecting the xbox via ethernet instead to a linksys WGA600N dual band wireless-n gaming adapter. Will the linksys adapter give me 802.11n speeds? Will just upgrading my router(I've read negative reviews) provide better performance? I also will be getting a ps3 for xmas and would like to set it up wireless. I was thinking about purchasing another router that would support 802.11n with gigabit lan(WNR832Bv2 doesn't have gigabit lan) and use the netgear as a wireless bridge. So my other xbox 360 and main computer will be connected via ethernet to the new router. In the living room the ps3 and xbox 360 would connect to the netgear bridge via ethernet. I also have a laptop that will be connected wireless. Will i get N speed between the routers? Is this a better alternative then using 2 linksys wireless-n gaming adapter? I really don't want to go through the hassle of running 2 new network cables to the xbox and ps3. But I also don't want to waste money buying 2 linksys wireless-n gaming adapters or another router to bridge and still suffer from poor connection speeds. Then end up running wires instead. Please help. I'm also open to any other suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom