Networking 40+ computers on my office

pedro_iho

Beta member
I am working on to established a LAN Network in my office.

what would be the best thing to do? Peer to peer or having a Dedicated server like Active Directory?

AD and DNS on the same server?

is it ok to configure DNS and AD in one server? it is a FOrest DC, and no other server in the network... 40+ computers .

thanks, heres another problem... i have 5 departments, is it possible for employees to logon in their own department? like selecting on what domain in the logon they can access?

it is just on the same building, on the 1st floor... can u give me some site or your own idea of how to configure it using AD and DNS at the same server? what to do... i'm done on DCPROMO and DNS Server...

I would help you but i dont know what to do sorry, although its possible to link somet like 500 computers.

40 pc network

I have a 40 pc network and I use Small Business Server 2003. We can have up to 75 pcs and it comes with Ms Exchange. Very smooth, no problems. And its cheaper. Tom

if you're considering VLANs ... you'll need a layer 2 switch capable of this service. They're usually called "managed switches". Very cool ... creates logical groupings of pc's that might not necessarily be physically close together. Reduces broadcast traffic, by grouping "depts" that communicate with each other on a more frequest basis. You mentioned you have 5 departments you're creating. AD and DNS is a great way to start. To further enhance your network, VLAN's would certainly be a step in the right direction ... view it as an additional security feature as well.

Back
Top Bottom