Network cut-off on D-link 524 & DWL-120+

Nitay10

Baseband Member
I have Wireless network which its router is D-Link 524. I have a computer in other place in my home with adapter D-Link-120+.

From the first day of this new system the network cuts-off almost every minute! It is very annoying to work on the internet and every minute the connection is restarting (and ICQ, etc....)

What is the problem and what can I do??

I have Wireless network which its router is D-Link 524. I have a computer in other place in my home with adapter D-Link-120+.

From the first day of this new system the network cuts-off almost every minute! It is very annoying to work on the internet and every minute the connection is restarting (and ICQ, etc....)

What is the problem and what can I do??

Ok well first thing to look at is the drivers ,
look on the D link website and see if there are an updated drivers for the adaptor that could be an issue
also lookat the signal you are getting if the signal is very low try moving the router or if its possible the adapotor ,if its a usb get an extension cable and place it high up
also try changing the channel on the router as things like cordless phones and microwaves and other things can sometimes interfewre with wireless

try changing the channel your router uses, any one less than 12 should be fine.
also try what muz said. if you can try another pc that would be great also

I tried to change to the newest driver but it is stayed the same...

The channels are OK. The signal link and the signal quality are very good so this isn't the problem too...

Maybe I need to use WEP or something??? I have few other wireless network near to my house - perhaps they're disturbing???

I would still change the channel as as test as sometimes i have found even if the person living next door has a cordless phone it can still intefere
the other networks could be a problem yeah , just encrypt the signal and see what happens then

I changed the channel and encrypted it and it still happens...

Maybe the adapter is not compatible?? How can I check it??

so lonag as the router is broadcasting wireless a,b or g and the adaptor is capable of recieveing either one of them i cant see a problem ,

Is it set up to dhcp , if so how often is it set to release the ip address , this is most likely in the router configuration

It is supposed to be setup to DHCP or not? How do I check it??

It supports the b wireless and the router is compatible...

just look in the router cfg , and dhcp or not is up to how the adaptor is setup as well

i doubt dhcp is a problem. if dchp wasnt enabled on the router then the only way you could connect to it would be to manually enter the ip and other settings, which i doubt is the case. if it is enabled then it usually doesnt release the ip for a while anyway.
you havent got any of your neighbours networks in your list have you? it might be randomly trying to connect to theirs but the signal isnt good enough so it goes back on yours

Back
Top Bottom