Need Help With My Internet?

arkkkkkkk

Beta member
Hello.

Now I have some questions that I was hoping some of you have answers to. My situation is, that I got my old RCA modem that I used with my Linksys router replaced with a NetGear modem/router hybrid by my ISP technician because my internet kept disconnecting frequently. After this, the problem I had was, that my Internet was really, really slow. It didn't disconnect anymore but it feels so slow and when I'm downloading something, I can't even browse in my browser anymore. I called the technician again and all he did was tell me that everything was fine and I'm over-reacting.

Does anyone know what seems to be the problem I'm having? Right now, I'm pretty pissed since I have a slower internet for an additional 4 dollars monthly fee for the hybrid modem.

When I do a speed test of my internet, it comes out between 19 to 30 megabits, so I don't find it reliable.

What's the size and type of files your trying to download?
If your trying to torrent then there may not be many seeders thus resulting in a slow download.

Dude, I've downloaded files through torrent many times from reliable websites that I've used for years, and it does have seeds. Plenty of them. The size of the torrent doesn't matter, it's just really damn slow (like 10 kbps) for any download either torrent or direct. And when I'm downloading, I can't even browse since the websites keep timing out if I try while downloading. In addition, the internet seems really erratic, because it only works when it feels like it and the speed fluctuates from really slow to just okay.

Honestly, I'm really, really sick and tired of my internet problem bullshit and my ISP (Time Warner Cable) just made it worse instead of fixing this crap. I'm actually just planning to change my ISP altogether.

Can any of you recommend me a reliable ISP that has stable internet connection with a decent rate of speed and has no bandwidth limit?

Out here in Milwaukee, that would actually be TWC...

I'm going to take this a slightly different route and look at that new router/modem. Have you checked to see if the firmware is up to date? And is there any firewall or QoS settings that might be blocking and/or throttling the connections?

Have you tried plugging your modem directly into your PC bypassing the router? Try taking that out of the equation and let us know. Be sure to have a software firewall enabled.

Back
Top Bottom