Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/)
-   Networking | DNS (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/networking-dns/)
-   -   Need Help Bridging Routers (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/networking-dns/need-help-bridging-routers-211213.html)

jeremy28092 06-01-2011 02:54 PM

Need Help Bridging Routers

Ok so I have 2 routers 1 is a wrt54g v2.2 flashed to ddwrt the other is a zsr4154we. basiccly the setup is like this me and my neighbor are sharing internet I set up my modem at his place and the wrt54g I have the zonet router at my place and have the WAN medium set to wireless and it gets online to his router. my problem is that I seem to be getting throttled in utorrent and when I play CODMW2 It says I have a strict NAT. I have set my routers IP in dmz mode in the wrt54g and set my ip on my PC to dmz in my zonet router. I did this after trying every form of port forwarding I could think of and it just won't work so any help would be greatly apreciated

BrokenAtari 06-02-2011 07:38 AM

Re: Need Help Bridging Routers

Is your ISP on this list?
Bad ISPs - VuzeWiki

jeremy28092 06-02-2011 01:19 PM

yea it is but all the boxes are green that kinda confused me my isp is time warner cable

jeremy28092 06-04-2011 09:00 AM

anyone have any ideas?

BrokenAtari 06-04-2011 12:47 PM

So this is how it is setup? Modem > wrt54g >(wirelessly) zonet > your pc and Xbox. Did you check the modem's settings? That may sound weird but some modems actually have a configuration page. Also, if your neighbour has configured those ports to go to him. That may cause conflict.

celegorm 06-04-2011 01:57 PM

For me, torrenting always chews up my network bandwidth and my router's memory. I'm willing to be a router just needs it's firmware updated to something slightly newer and robust.

setishock 06-05-2011 05:19 PM

It is so simple.
First call your ISP and request a second IP address. Static. It should be free or cost no more than 5.00usd a month extra. Don't tell them what you're doing. Sharing like you have is a no no.
From the modem to a 5 port switch.
From each router's WAN port to a port on the switch.
Program your router with the static address. The other with the floating address.

I have set up every hotel network I installed that way and it works just fine. The routers don't affect each other and you can program each one as you like.

jeremy28092 06-05-2011 05:30 PM

Well I can't get a static IP not gonna say why just leave it at I can't. my routers both have updated firmware the zonet is updated to latest stock but can only be flashed with stock, the wrt54g has DD-WRT firmware on it. I can open ports for any program I need to, and utorrent says the port is open but I can't get above 30KBps download speed. when I speed test im getting 35Mbps down and 1Mbps up. I tried using frostwire to download a torrent and it works at full speed so something is just blocking my torrent programs.