IP Camera Issues

bluescorpion

Beta member
I'm trying to setup 4 wireless ip cameras using iSpy. At home I can view all 4 cameras using DLink software. I've got 1 camera working correctly in iSpy. But,when I'm away and I try to configure iSpy to view the cameras remotely, I keep getting the same single camera every time I try to add another camera to the program. I know this is probably a simple change but I can't put my finger on it :facepalm:

Thanks for any input

Good ol' iSpy!

On the computer that is local to the IP cameras, you have to add and configure each camera, then set up your recording/motion detection/etc options and leave the program running.
From there you go to your iSpy account and you can view each camera's recordings or view live footage.

It should be that easy but perhaps I'm missing something. Could you expand a little on where the cameras are and what's available there? (e.g. at home and my pc is there)

I have the cameras(which are wireless), connected to my Dlink router at home. When I'm home I cam see all of the cameras using my dlink software. When I leave I wanted to be able to see all of the cameras using iSpy. So, I was trying to configure each camera in iSpy but it keeps loading the same camera during each install. I have 4 cameras but only 1 is being displayed in iSpy. The cameras aren't connected to a pc at home. Just wireless.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

When I load the cameras I'm putting in my home ip address. Should I change the port on each camera so that each camera uses a different port?

Hmmmm

Re: Port
No, they can all use the same port as each has it's own unique IP address.

Re: iSpy
You should install iSpy on a PC in your home. That has access to each of the cameras within the local network. You may only be seeing one remotely because of the way IP routing works... might just be exposing one externally.

Install iSpy on a PC at home and then you should be able to use the DLink software to obtain the individual IP address, then switch over to iSpy and add them using the assigned IP.

Then, you can use your iSpy account (don't need to install on a laptop/etc) to view cameras linked to your account.

Does that make sense? Is there something I'm still missing?

Yes I think I see what you're saying. I thought that I could just pull up all 4 cameras at 1 time using iSpy. But, with the routing I would need to have 1 pc at home with all four cameras connected to it first.

Ok. If that's what I godda do then that's what I godda do....

Thanks for the help :thumb:

No problem.

There has to be a local install that can capture from all cameras in order to send that out. If this is something you're trying to hide (e.g. from another family member (not assuming anything)), I would recommend getting a Raspberry Pi (~$35) and set it up on that. That way, you're not leaving a computer on to make your cameras work and it's small and out of the way.

If you're not trying to catch something going on in the home then I would just put it on a PC and leave that PC running.

However, even this situation would warrant a Pi as the energy consumption on the Pi will be far less than a PC.

Anywho, glad I could help.

Back
Top Bottom