Which IP address is right?

thecoolkid

Baseband Member
Ok,

I'm not really a newbie but I have just started getting involved with ip address and network configuration because I am going to start a job this summer at a small networking firm. I was wondering, how do I find out my ip address that I can access across the world wide web. I am going to setup a remote desktop connection on my desktop and I want to access it from my office computer. How do I find out the right ip address to connect to?

thecoolkidontheblock

p.s. the router info is: linksys befw1154

To find your ip just got to. Run then type CMD then once the black box comes up type ipconfig it will give your ip. Unless your under a firewall it will just give you your lan ip. if u are just go to what is my ip . com

re: ip

Trust me, I know ipconfig. My only problem is that I am behind a router. I have two computers and both computers have the same IP. How do I access my main desktop, not my roommate's desktop? I can't disable the router though because it does provide a level of protection.

thecoolkidontheblock

Use port forwarding on your roughter. Find a port that your room mate does not use and use that one when you connect to your computer.

Back
Top Bottom