Internet Is working, but only in IE

huggy11911

Beta member
Hey everyone,

Let me start off with the details of my Laptop.

I am connecting via wireless. I have a perfect connection.
I am running Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601.
My laptop is a Gateway NV54 Series x64-based PC.
I have a Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz
My BIOS is made by Phoenix. And my SMBIOS Version is 2.5
I have 321GB of hard drive space.

I have 4.00 GB of installed physical RAM
3.93GB of Total Physical Memory
1.30GB of Available Physical Memory
7.86 Total Virtual Memory
4.14GB Available Virtual memory

Now let's get done to the problem I am having. This problem seems really strange to me and I have never had it happen to me or anyone else before.

I had VMware on my PC and I uninstalled that because I didn't need it anymore but everything was working fine. I also have a VPN on my computer and that used to connect but since last night it won't connect, it just says it is unavailable to connect right now. I also tried to install a MAC Spoofer and when I try to install it, it says my Internet Connection is either down or firewalled. So I turned my firewall off and tried it and the same error occurred.

Now, what is strange is, I can download anything in IE and Firefox and also Tor and everything is fine. I also have a torrent program running and that is downloading everything fine as well. But if I save something and try to download it and install it, it wont work.

I installed Java and that didn't have any problem as well. Yesterday morning I ran malwarebytes and Spybot Search & Destroy and it found 6 infections, 3 of those infections were Hacktools, so I took the other 3 off and ever since then I have been having problems. I know it isn't the hack tools because I have had those for a while now. I also changed my IE connections to automatically detect settings. But I stumbled upon some more information...

I was just looking at my startup entries, and these are the entries, the one in bold is what I am thinking to be a virus:

Microsoft Windows Operating System
Intel(R) Common User Interface
Microsoft Security Client
Microsoft SkyDrive
Brother Status Monitor Application
Java(TM) Platform SE Auto Updater
WindowsError
KeyScramber

All of those seem normal to me besides the WindowsError..some more info on that entry:

The manufacturer is ABC
Command is: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSNavgnt.exe
The location is: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I do not have MSN on my computer, I HATE MSN! I looked it up and it seems that this is a virus, made way back in the day. I scanned it with malware bytes and nothing came up though. I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with it?

What could be causing this? Any fixes for it, or what do you think I should do? If you need anymore info just let me know, I tried giving you everything but I am sure I missed something!

Thank everyone!

Last edited:
Try changing your ie connections to automatic.

I went to Tools >> Internet Options >> LAN Settings and checked the checkbox 'Automatically detect settings' yesterday. Sorry I forgot to say that. I thought about that, but it made no difference at all...any other suggestions?

Thank you for the quick reply

Back
Top Bottom