I'm having diffaculty connecting to one wifi router w/ 2 computers

stevethebrain

In Runtime
I'm having diffaculty connecting to one wifi router w/ 2 computers

I have been able to connect to NET on wifi router w/ both LT & PC untill recently I'm only able to connect to net w/ PC the LT sends signals but dos'nt recieve any zero.

recieved message there are 2 computers w/ same IP address.

please advice

thanks STB

Each device needs it's own unique IP address in order to function correctly.

Assuming your wifi router issues DHCP, and your devices are set to obtain IP addresses automatically ... the simplest way to resolve the issue would be to open an elevated command prompt (right click -> run as administrator) on one of your devices and type: ipconfig /release then press enter, then type: ipconfig /renew then press enter. This will have your device request a new ip address not in use from the wifi router.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, then it sounds like one (or both) devices have inadvertantly had the IP address assigned statically. I would then go to a device and change the IP address ... or better yet, changed back to obtain automatically.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Yes, check both PCs and release their IP addresses with ipconfig/release from the run menu. They should then be served an IP address from the Router if it is set up as a DHCP server, which the majority of home routers are. Make sure there isnt a static IP in one of the devices. If there is then put it back to automatically configure IP again.

Back
Top Bottom