I gots a Question

~K-Pow~

Daemon Poster
Hey all, i got a quick question for ya... anybody know if there's a way to get high speed internet without having to run power poles and lines.

One of the places i do maintence to has dialup internet and they want high speed but they don't want to pay to have poles put in so they can run the cable is there anyway to do it without.

I heard you can do it by satellite but would that require changing the cards in all the computers down there and what type of modem would i need to pick up the signal any help would be greatly appriciated.

Satalitte and WiMax.

Satalitte has extremely high latency's, making it useless for gaming however.

WiMax has a limited range and likely will not reach their house.

it's isn't for gaming, it's for work.

I want to have the internet down there so when we connect to the VTS it won't be on dialup. Cause it's super slow.

~K-Pow~ said:
it's isn't for gaming, it's for work.

I want to have the internet down there so when we connect to the VTS it won't be on dialup. Cause it's super slow.

Some Wireless Service providers provide, internet through a digital signal from a cell phone.

you can get transfer rates at about 80KBPS vs Dialups 3KBPS

I also believe that satellite would be the best option- the only problem with it is high initial costs. I checked on one service, and they wanted around $500US for equipment, another $200-300US for setup, and then it was going to run around $100US a month. I moved:D They claimed that I could get download speeds of up to 1.5Mbps, but I really doubt I ever would have. I have DSL now, and average around 1Mbps downloads

DJ-CHRIS said:
56kbps = 7KBPS

You're forgetting the difference between bits and bytes

Were talking about transfer rates though, not storage rates. Bits tend to be related to data communication, and bytes tend to be for storage.

DJ-CHRIS said:
56kbps = 7KBPS

You're forgetting the difference between bits and bytes

yea thats true but he probally wont be connecting that fast,

thats why i said 3 KBS, which was was i would download at when i had dial-up

Back
Top Bottom