HP or Cisco Switch

voyage1

Beta member
I want to buy a home switch to replace my TrendNet switch because I don't think I am getting what I am supposed to get in speeds.

Can someone give me any advice on what to buy? It can be a 12-16 port switch.

Thanks,

Paul

TP-Link makes some of the best cost effective hardware in the business. I use their routers, switches, and access points. Never had a moments problem with any of them. I'd go 10/100/1000 for any hardware. A gigabit network will work and leaves room for when you have gigabit devices if you don't have them now.
The bang for the buck ratio is excellent.

tp link switches - Newegg.com

I want to buy a home switch to replace my TrendNet switch because I don't think I am getting what I am supposed to get in speeds.

Can someone give me any advice on what to buy? It can be a 12-16 port switch.

Thanks,

Paul

May I ask what makes you think you're not getting the speeds you're supposed to?

Are you looking for a managed switch or a "dumb" one.

Networking isn't my forte and my experience with managed switches is limited to Dell. If you're looking for a home grade switch, it's hard to go wrong with TP-Link.

Yeah TP-Link dio good gear especially their home grade switches. I picked up a Netgear GS605 5 port gigabit switch on clearance a little while back to hook the TV and PS3 in our living room up.

Back
Top Bottom