Every Other computer on the network can access the internet except mine

Justin979271

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, I am having a huge Internet problem at the moment. There are 9 computers on my network including mine. I tested every single computer to be sure there isn't a problem with the router and/or modem. I even did a reset and power cycle. All the computers on the network both wired and wireless are able to browse the internet just fine. My desktop is wireless. I use a Belkin wireless adapter. I have a spare Asus wireless adapter so I switched it out and I still have the same problem. This issue happened once about three weeks ago. I restarted my computer and that fixed the problem at the time. I tried to do the same and that didn't fix it this time. What is odd though, is I am able to connect to Steam and talk to my friends. My status even says "Online." I cannot browse the Steam Store though. Whether or not if I can play any online games I do not because I have not tested that yet, but I will edit this thread when I have done so. Now, obviously I am using a different computer to post this thread. I am using my secondary laptop if anyone was wondering. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this issue. I haven't made any recent hardware changes to my computer. As far as software goes, I mistakenly downloaded and installed something called "Download Beast." It looks like some kind of bittorent client. That is the only change I made to my computer recently. I downloaded it by mistake three days ago and I can't get it off my computer. Whether or not if that is relevant to the problem I don't know, but I am trying to be as specific as possible. I posted screenshots below about my errors.

Unable to browse the internet:
Unabletobrowsetheinternet.png picture by Justin97927 - Photobucket

Unable to browse the Steam Store but I am able to connect to Steam:
CantBrowsetheSteamStore.png picture by Justin97927 - Photobucket

I can talk to friends on Steam and my status is "Online":
AbletoconnecttoSteam.png picture by Justin97927 - Photobucket

I will now attempt to play an online game and then see if that works. Once I try it, I will edit/update this thread and share the results. Out of all the problems with computers I have come across, and repairing them this has to be the strangest. Thank you for all the help in advance. I want to get this sorted out.

Edit: Ok.. out of frustration I restarted my computer a third time and it can browse the internet fine now. What the hell? I don't get it.. Anyways, I guess this thread can be disregarded then.

Back
Top Bottom