Ethernet cable connected but computer doesn't pick up signal

ineedhelp2009

Beta member
I tried hooking a Clearwire connection to my ethernet port and on the Clearwire box it shows it's connected and there is a signal. But when I open IE or Mozzila it doesn't even recognize a signal at all. It says my computer is not connected to the internet.

Before I tried using the Clearwire I use to have Charter Cable internet though it was ran through there wireless router and my computer recieved connection via a wireless device. When I switched all I did was uninstall there wireless program and now when I try Clearwire it doesn't work.

I have went and looked through the 1394 net adapter port and it shows it's working properly but i'm not even sure if that is the ethernet port because I have heard it's for firewire.

Is there anyway to fix this without having to check through Charter Cable or using system restore? I'm thinking this is not a common problem?

Yes that is for firewire and is not your LAN port.

It sounds like either your LAN port (a.k.a. ethernet port) is disable or there isn't a driver properly installed for it.

In Windows XP:
Start > Control Panel > (depending on the view in control panel) a)Network and Internet Connections > Network Connections OR b)Network connections and see if your LAN connection is listed there.

Long shot here, but you can go buy a new tcp/ip port aka Ethernet port for $10 at bestbuy for a pci slot and that would work nice.

YAY another clear user. There opening here in chicago october 1st. The store where I work at is a dealer for clear. The dealer seminars were awesome free food and beer :) It rocked.

Back
Top Bottom