Crossover Cable & Wireless Net Connection Problems (2 Questions)

Bishonen

Beta member
Ok... first off let me apologize for being one of those random people who will post on here asking for help... but I need it.

First question: I am having a problem getting my crossover cable to work between my laptop and my desktop. I hook the cable up to both computers and it attempts to connect... but jams up on "revewing IP adress". I don't know what to do with that one... I read something about having to set the ip if your using a router... but I'm not so I don't know what to do

Second question: I'm having a problem getting my wireless router to work. Last night it was up and running fine, but today when I went to use it the connection did not seem to work. The signal was detected by my laptop and my laptop connected to it with an "excellent"... but after that there was no action. My net wouldn't go anywhere. And its not my dsl... I've connected directly to the cable and am able to get on just fine (I'm on my laptop right now.)

Anyways... Thankyou for your time, just post back if you know what is wrong or need more info. Any help is appreciated!

To fix your wireless issue please try this. First hook the router up to the modem via the ethernet cable. Pull the power cable from the modem for 30 seconds then plug it back in and let it sit for a minute or so that way it can sync with the network again. After that pull the power from your router for about 5 seconds and plug it back in, this will force it to communicate with the modem again. After this restart your computer (or run "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" on a windows nt/2000/xp machine). this should fix youre wireless communication problems.

If you have a router why are you trying to use a crossover cable to connect 2 pc's, connect them both to the router and enable dhcp on the router

Back
Top Bottom