Acer Iconia Tab W500

kemperhills1

Solid State Member
The wireless had been working and the last few days it won't connect to the internet. The icon in the bottom right shows it is not connected. The tablet says that there is a network available, but every time I try to connect I get a message that says can't connect.

Don't know what to do to solve this problem as the Device Manager says that the wireless is working properly. Can someone tell me how to get this tablet to connect again.

I get this complaint from guests here at my hotel. I just reboot the router and access points to clear it up.

I get this complaint from guests here at my hotel. I just reboot the router and access points to clear it up.

Thanks for the reply. But the network was, and is, working because I have two desktops in my office and they would connect.

Now I don't know what to say. I was sitting in front of the tab and the darn thing connected. Now I am not a computer geek, but I can do a lot of things with a computer and I have never seen this before. I was just sitting there trying to think of something to do and the thing connected. O well, its working now. Thanks.

Check the security settings of the router. There might be something that is afoul with the tablet. Clear the settings from it and reconnect. See if you can connect to other networks.

For the router settings, they should be WPA2-PSK with AES encryption.

Check the security settings of the router. There might be something that is afoul with the tablet. Clear the settings from it and reconnect. See if you can connect to other networks.

For the router settings, they should be WPA2-PSK with AES encryption.

Thanks, and that is the settings. I may be having hardware problems, after I posted this the tab connected. I shut down the tab and later tried to connect again and it wouldn't for a while, then connected. This was like 15 or 20 minutes. I use the tab offline mostly and use my desktop for online, but sometimes I need to use the tab for online. Don't know what is going on, but if it continues I guess I'll have to get it looked at.

Thanks for the reply. But the network was, and is, working because I have two desktops in my office and they would connect. ...
Glad it's working now but, in the future, regardless of whether or not other devices can connect, many wifi issues can be solved simply by rebooting the router.

Back
Top Bottom