New Girl

morella

Solid State Member
Hello community, my name is Ella and I am the latest addition to this beautiful community.

BTW, anyone here who's using an ACER Aspire V5-132P laptop? I am always getting a pop-up notification that my computer is running out of memory eventhough I am using an external hard drive to save my content. My google chrome automatically closed after I choose to exit the message.

WELCOME!!

In this case memory may mean ram. Chrome is a notorious memory (ram) hog.

Try opening task manager and looking for how much free memory (ram) you have.

Hello and welcome Ella, it's really nice to have new faces join us here at CF.

Enjoy your stay here...:D

Welcome!

As to your popup, we need to understand whether the issue is with your computer's memory (RAM) or is it a shortage of storage (disk space)? When you get it again, press the PrtScrn key on your keyboard to take a screen shot to post so we can see what the actual message is.

Thank you guys for the warm greeting, I will try to do what you have suggested and see if it will work.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

low-memory.png

Here's the error message, all the application will automatically be closed once I chose to exit. This is happening to me on a daily matter.

What are you running in the background?
Can't just be because of chrome, 4 gigs is enough for casual use.
Can you send an image of your task manager?
You might have a serious resource hog running that you are unaware of.

Welcome btw.

One other thing you could check is to see all the programs you have starting up with windows that are running in the back ground.

Not sure if you are running windows 7 or 10, but click on start button in task bar and in the search box type msconfig. Then click on the start up tab, and check in there for any programs that you don't need to start up with windows and un-check them.

hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom