Just had a custom computer built, my first!!

¡¢™

Beta member
So hey guys, I'll show you a picture of my new comp here hope it works.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1429302879_1ea35b229b2e11367387b4e2ebf4d4ed

or if not here:
my guts of compute.jpg

that should work.

Anyways, most everything in the comp is in my profile comp specs area, here I'll just paste that like so:
Manufacturer: Multipule
Model: Case is a Corsair Spec - 01
CPU: AMD FX-600 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) S
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Disk/RAID: WD Black Series WD1003FZEX 1TB 64MB Cache
Optical: Dual Screen approx. 25''
Network: xifinity cable through TP-LINK TL-WDN3800 Dual Band Wireless Adapter. Soon to have ethernet possible.
Cooling: 4 Cooler Master Sleeve Bearing 120mm Silent Fans and one front fan.
Power: Thermaltake SMART Series 550 watt
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
I went to new egg to order it. Got my dual screens, mouse, keyboard, mousepad, graphics card and speakers from other people.

I mostly wanted this PC for gaming, but also for like watching movies plus tons of other stuff.

I want to know what you guys think about my set up as it stands and what specific things I could do to make everything work better. I want to stay virus free so I would love to know what you would or are using for a free program for continued optimization and such.

My friend who put it all together has my comp as i write this, I got a virus and I couldn't browse most websites when I tried so he said he's re installing everything. I think it happened when I was trying to get certain things needed to emulate a ps2 game I like. I'll be getting it back at 5pm saturday today so I'm looking forward to getting on World of Warcraft again and whatever else I get into with it.

Besides that though, thanks for reading

Sorry to hear about the infection friend. :(
I cannot stand people who use their learned tallents to harm others. Its why I do what I do.

Looks like a nice system.

But if you selected and ordered all the components for your system (the hard part), why did you have your friend assemble it (the fun part)? Maybe next time you'll save that part for yourself. :thumb:

If I where you I would get a better cpu cooler I personally hate useing stock it's too loud

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

The noise is not that bad at all, she hums pretty quietly. I suppose if cooling may become an issue you guys think with this set up, I'll get a thermometer to make sure every things chill in there.

To answer that question. I had no idea what I would be looking for to get an entire computer from parts like that. Luckily I have a trustworthy friend who put it all together for free and ordered the parts with me explaining things that went over my head. I think that now sense I have one I'll be learning more about it as time goes on.

Last edited:
The noise is not that bad at all, she hums pretty quietly. I suppose if cooling may become an issue you guys think with this set up, I'll get a thermometer to make sure every things chill in there.

To answer that question. I had no idea what I would be looking for to get an entire computer from parts like that. Luckily I have a trustworthy friend who put it all together for free and ordered the parts with me explaining things that went over my head. I think that now sense I have one I'll be learning more about it as time goes on.
It is wonderful that you have great friends on your side. I am THE computer guy in my area (Best Buy does NOT count. :D), and would love to be able to make some friends around here whom share that interest.
I am not sure that I am understanding your username correctly. Icent? I cant quite wrap my head around that. :eek:

In any case, enjoy your new rig, and just like BikerEcho up there, I also would like to recommend Avast.

Back
Top Bottom