Zipped Virus: Can it Cause Damage?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi everyone:

I was using limewire, and I downloaded an 851.7KB file (a well known virus size) accidentally! The file was zipped, so when it finished downloading I realized it was bad an deleted it.

So my question: if the file is zipped, can it cause damage if I never opened the zip file OR ran what's inside it?

Thanks

I doubt it, the file wouldn't extract itself if it was still zipped and unopened.

yup, scan the file just to be safe, but it isn't extracted, so you should fine. thats what i hate about downloading from p2p, i never download anymore.. you have to watch the file sizes whenever downloading

well its pretty easy to spot out viruses on limewire. whenever theres 2 or more files of the same size, i dont download it.

Two or more lol, theres about 200 the same when I search for them, I dont get why people share them though..wierd.

Use panda online scan (google it) - if theres anything at all on your system it will find it, it finds things your antivirus + spyware scanners wont.

i dunno... i'd just run a full virus scan. even tho u deleted it its still on your comp somewhere.

whenever i i download things, even if they are zipped, Norton pops up and says this is a virus, and they deleted it, (it does all of these amazing things while only using 99% of my CPU power WOW!)

Back
Top Bottom