Your Thoughts

Larisa

In Runtime
Hi all, it's been a while.

I think my power supply is going out. I had my computer on for about an hour and then it shut down and wouldn't come back on. I let it cool down and the did the following:

1. turn computer on, it worked.
2. took the side panels off and used a regular ordinary fan so it blows on the power supply.
3. put all game settings on lowest possible settings including resolution.

It been an hour and it's still working.

Your thoughts ... power supply?

It is likely. Make sure all your fans are working correctly, blow out any accumulated dust in the chassis and heatsinks.

Look for heat-damage such as bulging capacitors on the motherboard.

does the power supply get really hot? it could also be the entire system overheating as well from dust build up and such

does the power supply get really hot? it could also be the entire system overheating as well from dust build up and such

eh.gif
Are my words so obtuse as to require someone such as yourself to reiterate?

Yes the power supply gets hot and the computer also had a smell (hot plastic) when it first happened. Now that I have a fan on it, the smell is gone.

I've dusted the inside of the computer twice since I replaced the video card a little more than a year ago. It needs it again but its not too bad.

The power supply will get a little hot normally, but if it's so hot you think you might burn yourself on it, then there is a problem. Do you know if the PSU fan was working?

Back
Top Bottom