XP pro 64 bit question

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I was given a legal copy of XP Pro 64 bit in a pile of other stuff in trade for something I had. I have had it for awhile and never got a 64 bit processor to use it on. Now that I am planning to get my new build within the next few months, and the build costing me too much already, I can't pay for Vista also. So I decided I would used this copy of XP. My question is, will it run normal programs the same as the 32 bit version of XP will. I have Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7 that I use a lot, so I don't know if it will run into the same type of compatibility issues as it may have with Vista. Will it run the same or might there be problems?

It should be fine, there is a compatability mode built in aswell incase you have any problems.

XP 64bit has horrendous driver support and problems with many programs. Also note that older 16 bit programs will NOT run.

Their's no point in running it unless you are using 64 bit programs or over 3GB of ram.

i hate people who diss 64bit who dont even have it =P
but there is no reason to use it unless u have more then 3g of ram but if u do
deff use it
theres not as many bugs as people think = /
couple issues here and there no big deal
there 32bit compatibility
use it if u want
oh and if u dont have a 64bit os dont talk badly about it!!!!!
cuz ive had vista 64bit with no problems for months!

XP 64bit has horrendous driver support and problems with many programs. Also note that older 16 bit programs will NOT run.
That's pretty much the outline of my experience with it. There really aren't any advantages aside from it seeing more than 3GB of RAM. Plus, I got a higher stable OC with 32-bit (on my old CPU anyways). If you can stick with XP 32-bit, that would be my suggestion; otherwise, most programs will run on XP X64, but driver support is second to none.

i hate people who diss 64bit who dont even have it =P
but there is no reason to use it unless u have more then 3g of ram but if u do
deff use it
theres not as many bugs as people think = /
couple issues here and there no big deal
there 32bit compatibility
use it if u want
oh and if u dont have a 64bit os dont talk badly about it!!!!!
cuz ive had vista 64bit with no problems for months!

Vista 64 and XP 64 are completely different cans of worms, and I was dual booting XP 64.

I figured, since I had it, that I might as well use it since it's been sitting around since I got it. Guess it's worth a try since I have it, if it doesn't work I'll just go back to 32 bit XP until I can afford Vista. My new build will only have 2GB of ram.

Back
Top Bottom