XP loaded, internal speaker beeping

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi,

My computer has XP loaded and I can use the computer fine, but it has a continuous beep that goes off every 3-4 seconds. So like:

Beep
4 seconds
Beep
4 seconds
Beep
4 seconds

and it doesn't stop until the PC is just off. But the weird thing is, is the PC works fine even when it's beeping!

What's going on?

Thanks

PS: restarting doesnt help

watch out ITS A B0MB! JK
wink.gif

Did you try muting the speakers? If you still hear it then its a hardware problem. Otherwise, it will be software/driver problem.

john123 said:
go get help. you don't reformat for every little problem.

Agreed. Reformatting should be left for when your computer is beyond conventional fixes. So unless you have some other serious problems it will be much easier to have someone else look at that can tell you exactly what is wrong.

Typically, a beep like that is a memory problem. But you say it works fine, so that tells me that you may have a low speed or failed fan and/or a overheating problem. The constant beeping is the monitoring software warning you of a problem.

Atomic Rooster said:
Typically, a beep like that is a memory problem. But you say it works fine, so that tells me that you may have a low speed or failed fan and/or a overheating problem. The constant beeping is the monitoring software warning you of a problem.
That actually did it on Linux...an annoying beeping sound...all in one and endless. CPU was at 92C.

check your temps and fan speeds.

Back
Top Bottom