XP install problems

mudderfacar

Solid State Member
I just got a new pc that im trying to install windows xp on. Problem is that when i go to do it, i get back an error saying that no hard disks are installed. BIOS knows that there is a hard disk there (its a SATA 80 GB HARD DISK @ 7200rpm 8mb cache) I have tried to install the RAID drivers but the when i put the floppy disk in it says that the files on it are no use!

Also it is strange that i am able to install win98 on the same hard disk but cant upgrade to xp

Im very confused at the moment and help is very much appreciated.

SATA drivers from your mobo manufacturer are needed. Once you start booting from XP cd and the screen turns blue ... press F6 several times ... this is so you will be prompted later to install third party drivers (SATA drivers). The SATA drivers are to be placed on a floppy disk. Follow your mobo manufacturer's directions on extracting files to floppy. Do a search in here on how to load SATA drivers for XP and you will find some help.

Ive successfully managed to get around the problem with the SATA drivers but now when i go to install XP everything goes fine till about the last five minutes or so to go then the whole thing freezes up!

This has got me at my wits end any ideas as to what i can do?

Back
Top Bottom