xp install problem, please help

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey guys, i just got a new HD, and am trying to install xp and it isnt working... i first put it in, bios detected the harddrive and all 300gb of it, although when i put the xp disc in it says booting from cdrom and it does that, but the first thing that it says "setup is detecting your hardware configuration" flashes for a half a second and then goes to a blank screen, ive reset bios, tried different gpu's, please help!!!!!! i was able to format the HD with my vista disc, but vista freezes during setup, so ill need to stick with xp which is fine with me, but the drive is formated and i cant figure out whats going on..

Run a HDD diagnostic test. If it passes then do a low level format of the drive (should be an option on ya diagnostic disk). Then try and install XP from there. Low level formats always seem to work for small HDD problems, unless its something else causing it.

If you are using cable select it may not be recognizing it right. It may say it is, but it's not. That's what happened to me.

got it running, just made a single partition and ill format the drive later in XP, i had to use my vista disc to format it, thanks for the help guys, always appriciated

Back
Top Bottom