xfx 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition xxx

mr yoyo

Baseband Member
i put in the card in the pci x16 slot and used the 2 4pin to 6 pin convertor and i connected to my psu and connected the dvi to vga adaptor and pluged in my montior and then turned on the psu and turned it on and it made a bad werid different boot up *beap* and the cards fan seems to be workin but nothing is on the screen.

it doesn't matter if fan is working or not...

if you dont see anything on monitor ( turn off-like) then your videocard is blown OR lack of power....

yesterday i blown my fx5200 (shitty one) and 7800gs is not working because i forget about power plug

ps. post your speification to make clear...

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0Ghz 939 pin processor
A8V-XE Asus motherboard(socket 939),
1GB ram
Cheifmax 550w psu
120gb seagate HDD

hhhmmm...

sub $20 powmax clone

sounds like you went with the chiefmax, it probably has about 300w tied up on the 3.3v and 5v rails, only leaving about 200w on the 12v rail...

if not, then I have no idea what the problem is...

well i unplugged my cd rom and hard drive and still the card will not work and still makes that horrible beep noise so i think the card might be dead when i got it ?

Are the molex (6 pin) plugs from seperate leads?, kind defeats the purpose if they're on the same lead (rail)

Define the beep, 1 long, two short??

@ cma, mate, it doesn't mean his gpu is fried at all, you need to think before posting.

Are the molex (6 pin) plugs from seperate leads?, kind defeats the purpose if they're on the same lead (rail)

Define the beep, 1 long, two short??

@ cma, mate, it doesn't mean his gpu is fried at all, you need to think before posting.

the beeps are 1 long 3 short if that helps any.

Back
Top Bottom