XFX 7600GT forceware 91

PaperPlunger

In Runtime
I am having a problem with a 7600GT from XFX on a brand new, first ever build.

Anyhow, Today I got my build together, and it's working fine. I decided I would check to see if XFX has any new drivers for their 7600GT models, and wadaya know, the updated it to forceware version 91. S I install it, bringing my v84 up to date, and my computer crashes on every load. It comes up with a blue screen just before it shuts down. So I used last known good configuration, and apparently It's just the driver. So what do I do? I want the new forceware, but my computer doesn't like it! :confused: :confused:

the forceware 91 is messed up, as are most driver updates when they first come out. I did the same thing for my xfx 6800xt agp like 2 months ago, and i couldnt watch avi's and it wouldn't show flash. colors were wrong and all that shiznit. Take it back to like the 80's forceware, and no problems. Nvidia is good about updating, bad about bugs within the updates. Don't worry, the new forceware isnt worth it anyways.

yep, you don't always need the newest one. If the newest one isn't working then just use one of the old ones, or try a beta if you want, or some customized drivers.

Forget about the XFX site, you should d/load from nVidia

93.71 is the latest driver for XP

D/load link

Uninstall your old driver, run driver cleaner pro (optional), install the new driver.

7600GT is in the supported cards list so it will run with this driver.

If you encounter problems report back as your methodology may be wrong, you may be missing a step or taking a wrong option during the install procedure.

DILLIGAF said:
Forget about the XFX site, you should d/load from nVidia

93.71 is the latest driver for XP

D/load link

Uninstall your old driver, run driver cleaner pro (optional), install the new driver.

7600GT is in the supported cards list so it will run with this driver.

If you encounter problems report back as your methodology may be wrong, you may be missing a step or taking a wrong option during the install procedure.
worked like a charm, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom