xbox360 question

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
I just got a quick question.

I want to buy a 360 and have it connected to LIVE. But, the cable modem is connected to the computer in the other room and I want to have my xbox in MY room. Is there a way to have the xbox connect to the internet wirelessly through a router or something? Or how can I get it connected? The room is not the far (just the next room), but I dont want to run a long ethernet cable. You guys have any solution?

I have a Wireless Adapter for mine. it's £60 / aprox $120.... Which is a kick in the crotch! But yeah.

I have a Wireless Adapter for mine. it's £60 / aprox $120.... Which is a kick in the crotch! But yeah.

how do you have it setup? I dont know much about routers. Do you know a link or something that I can see how it is setup?

Meh, I prefer the 360 anyways, even with the additonal cost.
Its possible to do what you want anyway

Do you have a wireless router? If not, then you'll need one. I'd recommend this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124010
Awesome for the price.

You just attach the cable that comes from the modem into the internet port on the router. Connect whatever was connected to the modem to the router. The wireless should start automatically, but you should set up some type of encryption. This should all be in the instructions with the router.

Anyway, then you'll just need the wireless adapter for the 360:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103016
Set that up, and you have wireless with your 360.

Yeah, I know this isnt the place for this topic, just wanted a quick answer. Anyway, yeah I do have a wireless router. I guess I'll go ahead and get the wireless adaptor for the xbox. I was just wondering if there was a cheaper way because the adaptor itself is about $90 bones:(

If you have a computer in your room that is connected to the internet, you can run an ethernet cable from your xbox 360 to the computer to use it's internet connection. Just enable internet connection sharing on your computer.

Go to Control Panel > Network Connections. Right-click the connection that you use to connect to the Internet. Click Properties. Click the Advanced tab. Under Internet Connection Sharing, select the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" check box. Click OK. Click Yes. Turn on your XBox and connect to XBox Live. :D

If you have a computer in your room that is connected to the internet, you can run an ethernet cable from your xbox 360 to the computer to use it's internet connection. Just enable internet connection sharing on your computer.

Go to Control Panel > Network Connections. Right-click the connection that you use to connect to the Internet. Click Properties. Click the Advanced tab. Under Internet Connection Sharing, select the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" check box. Click OK. Click Yes. Turn on your XBox and connect to XBox Live. :D

The main computer that is directly connected to the internet is in another room. If I get my other desktop (In my room) connected the the wireless router (from the main computer) can I use a ethernet cable to connect the xbox and the desktop(my room) together and share the connection? Does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom