xbox 360 controller Q

SPEEDemon1

Baseband Member
I have the chance to get a free xbox 360 wireless controller that I would use with my computer for some racing games. I am running xp-pro 64-bit, but I already checked the Microsoft website and they have drivers for it, which is good. What I'm not sure about is if the controller will work with my PC right out of the box, or will I have to purchase an adapter? I've seen the adapters online for cheap, but I want to be 100% sure before I order one. I guess I'm thinking perhaps the box will include an adapter, but that would be too easy, after all it is Microsoft.

Thanks in advance.
SPEEDemon

yep, its called an Xbobx 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for $19.99 without tax.
i bought yesterday, and it works great, but if you use it with the pc, then you will have to sync it to the 360 if you want to play the 360, and vice versa.
so i works, when you insert the disc, and if it says its not compatible, (i am using vista) they gave me a link to download the drivers for the receiver, and there was for
Windows Vista x64
Windows Vista x86
Windows XP 64 bit
Windows XP 32 bit
i would recommend picking one up if you own a wireless 360 controller, and dont want to spend $20 on a cheap controller or waste more money on a controller that only works for the pc.

Back
Top Bottom