Would this work?

matt39c

Baseband Member
A few days ago my GTX 460 came and im pretty keen to use it, however ive had a few problems with plugging it in and i was wondering if you guys were able to help. My PSU only has 3 molex plugs coming from it and the 460 requires 2x 6 pin plugs to operate. I thought about this and came up with this theoretical diagram which might work, but i thought i would get a second opinion before trying, I dont want to damage any components in my PC. If you think it wouldnt work, can you suggest anyway it will?

PSU: 550W

also, the yellow lines between plugs just indicate that they're being plugged into one another

personally i would use a more up to date PSU that has 6pin connectors.
but it might work just fine. try it. you are not gonna break anything by doing so.

personally i would use a more up to date PSU that has 6pin connectors.
but it might work just fine. try it. you are not gonna break anything by doing so.

ok, well i just didnt know if it would be too much of a strain on that molex coming from the hard drive because it has half as much power as the molex on the other side, but as long as i dont break anything, thats all im concerned about. cheers

Back
Top Bottom