Would like to buy a new laptop this new year

jiharoora

Banned
Hello friends,

Well I would like to buy a new laptop for my office work as i m really bored with my old PC..

As many friends said to buy a Dell but i can't spend more money this new year so i m planning to buy a mini laptop.

As i have read news here about Samsung N148 Plus Notebook
and it looks really nice for my office.

Should i go with this samsung laptop or any other option ?

jimmydark

I wouldn't go with that netbook. Reason being? It comes with DOS installed, and not Windows. While I read that it also comes with a Windows 7 installation disc, there's no CD drive, so you have to create a bootable USB stick with Windows 7 from the disc and install off USB. Not too difficult, but would not recommend for a business that's wanting to use "out of the box". I would go here. This site shows netbooks on Newegg.com (if you're located in the States) that come with Windows 7 Professional. You can also just search for Netbooks on Newegg with Windows XP, but the choice is up to you.

I would have to agree with "InfectionZero" about the netbook, except Windows will not install on a USB stick anyway. Only on an NTFS maybe an EFS not a FAT, exFAT, or a FAT32. Only Winodws 98 is capable of that.

As for Windows 7 Professional for a netbook...Not as good as it sounds. While netbooks are getting better, many just aren't powerful enough to run Windows Home Premium or higher. Windows 7 starter seems much more appropriate. I installed Windows 7 Starter on a Toshiba NB205 netbook and it runs just fine. Keep in mind that the sole purpose of a netbook is to browse the internet and maybe listen to some music, hence the name"NET...BOOK". While they are cute and portable, they're no substitute for a full size laptop. BUT...I would recommend HP netbooks. I installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix on my friend's HP Mini 110 and he's been satisfied with it ever since. Oh that's another thing, Linux has a few pretty nice operating systems designed SPECIFICALLY for the low profile hardware in a netbook. Kubuntu Netbook Remix is another nice one. But of course that's just my opinion from my experience.

Back
Top Bottom