Worth upgrading my 939 socket to this... OR.....

clandestinex337

In Runtime
So I know that 939 is almost gone, So I was wondering should I upgrade my current 3800+ X2 Dual core processor to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103053

or just save the money and upgrade my entire rigg?

This is what I currently have
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert
3800+ X2 Dual
Nvidia 6800 Ultra 512mb
2gigs of ram

the only thing I probably will need to upgrade is my video card which i plan to do.

So should i upgrade to the processor linked above or just keep my current one?

Thanks

I guess it depends on what your wanting to do, is your machine struggling with tasks now?

Save your money up, the 4200+X2 is really not worth upgrading from a 3800+X2, the 3800+X2 can reach 4200+X2 speeds when you overclock, honestly the performance gain really isn't worth another 135 dollars. Definitely save up for a DDR2 capable system (LGA 775/AM2+, with Barcelona quickly coming around the corner, you'll want to wait a little bit anyway :D.

You want a better video card if you want to run vanguard well, even with my 7900gt I used to have when I played it struggled.

Sorry to be going off topic a bit but, Vanguard.. is that a good game? I've never heard of it.

Hmmm, if you do upgrade, will you be interested in selling that X2 3800+? I need a better CPU, but upgrading to Core 2 Duo is too costly for now. Until I get a job that is. :p

Back
Top Bottom