is it worth geting a sound card with my new pc?

Quantum Flux

In Runtime
with my new pc i am getting a good 5.1 system. the mbod sound supports 5.1 allready. will a good sound card make much quality difference?

http://www.geartree.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1242701/vpcsid/0/SFV/29865

I like headphones mainly because I can blase music, or the game im playing. Headphones are a huge advantage playing games, if you have it at a little bit more then a reasonable volume, you can hear the enemy very easily. IE in cs often people will call me a n00b h4x045 because i could hear them running away from me down a hall rather then towards me and shot them. Its totally 1337.

Those headphones are amazing, they use them in my schools radio production class, and are of amazing sound quality. Im using them right now listening to rammstein, and it plays better then the regular stereo in my house.

Plus thats a pretty good price on them. It'll be cheaper then that sound card, and I think the sound quality will be on par, or heck may sound better then that card. I have always loved headphones.

I say screw the sound card, and just get headphones, sound always seems to better coming from headphones to me.

A good sound card works very well if you have a nice 5.1 speaker system for your PC. You'll hear a tremendous amount of difference. Oh my god...I shiver when I crank my speakers up.

I have Audigy 2 NX USB and it is the best soundcard I used so far....specially when you have 24bit audio turned on....

is it okay to buy stuff like my sound and graphics card at a computer fair as long as it has a manafacturers waranty? would they be selling second-grade trash?

i kno the graphics card does take stress off mbod/cpu but is the sound realy that much power to do. i imagine the difference would be negligable

well iv heard of people seeing a 10-15 fps increase just by buying a cheap sound card :)

Back
Top Bottom