Wondering, New Processor? ..Apart from AMD and Intel?

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Processors

OK the typical AMD vs Intel
Theres always pros and cons about each one, but everyone(just about) would have a prefrence to which one the prefer, for whichever reason they have its valid none the less...
So on my train of thought, summing this to that etc,
Ive being looking into computer building and reading about it more.. etc etc..

Do you think any other company will come in with a new processor and be in the 'battle' so to say against Amd and Intel?
Or have you heard of anyone "getting the're game on" to geting into this type of market?
I think it would be good more to chose from apart from Amd or Intel and to see if a new one can bet them at there own game and come up with something competly new!

I wanna here your thoughts, quite intresting i think, because you would think with diffrent brands of RAM, mobos etc that there would be more out there for processors?

Might sound silly but just wondering...lol

<edit> i think i think too much :eek:

VIA make processors, but they are no where near the quality of AMD or Intels. Their slower but cooler running.

Even if another company were to come out with this ultimate processor that could blow both AMD and Intel away you would still have the hardheads who wont change from either. Like me, intel all the way.

VIA and Transmeta make some very nice processors. They're usually very energy efficient, so the performance to power consumption ratio is very good. They also run very cool and even generate less heat than AMD processors.

I don't know if any company can compete with Intel or AMD. They're the powerhouse of the CPU industry. If there is a third company in the mix, they had better come up with something really good that can meet or exceed Intel and AMD. VIA is hanging in there, but I really want to see them dominate as well.

VIA and Transmeta aren't as dominant because of the lack in marketing. You rarely see anything about VIA or their products. If a consumer doesn't know about them, then chances are that they won't buy from them.

Back
Top Bottom