Witch one

stevenbob0

Baseband Member
I need a PCI video card for my old computer that I let the kids play on. So far I have looked at the FUZION GeFORCE MX4000 do you guys have any other suggestions. Thanks a bunch.

What kind of games? If they are just like games for 5 year olds then that card will do fine. But if they play some new games like BF2 then u should get a pci-e mobo and something like the 6800GS. But that will cost u maybe $300.

I'm pretty sure the kids don't need pci-express. Or play BF2. The mx4000 is a decent card for kiddy games.

Not well at all. You will most likely need at least a 200 dollar card to get medium settings. For example, the 6600gt, which does not come in a pci-slot. HMMMMM. I don't think there are powerful enough cards to run those games well on a pci slot.

ya sorry i think the highest card that comes on pci-slot that i know of is the radeon 9550 256mb, anyone know anything higher, this might have enough guts to play those games on low-medium settings.

Need for Speed 2 wont work very well at all on that card, if u want to play any of the games u mentioned u r going to need a new comp

stevenbob0 said:
I need a PCI video card for my old computer that I let the kids play on. So far I have looked at the FUZION GeFORCE MX4000 do you guys have any other suggestions. Thanks a bunch.

I can't believe your OLD computer needs a PCI-E video card! Amazing.... PCI-E video cards are like from last year.... That comp ain't that old. As far as video cards go, I'd go with a 6600GT 256M, or a 9800 256M, at least. Keep in mind, this will set you back maybe 150$. Are you sure it's PCI-E? Or is it AGP or plain old PCI? Ah yes, and as far as "Witch one", I'd go with a Warlock cuz I'm a guy.

Back
Top Bottom