Wireless stream hdmi video and audio seperately (and keeping them in sync)

thomas49th

In Runtime
Hello all,

I currently have an actiontec screenbeam, which streams video and audio from my surface 2 to my project and speakers. Currently if I wirelessly stream video but play audio through my surface, the video is a few hundred ms behind (very noticeable).

My concern is that if I go and buy a wireless audio module and stream audio to it, it wont be in sync with the hdmi video stream to the project.

So ideally I want the same manufacturer/a kit that can stream audio to one endpoint which my speakers connect to , and video to another endpoint which my project connects to, all the while keeping in sync. Anyone has thoughts on this?

Alternatively, I could try and add a delay to sound from windows (not sure how), but that's a hack, and just annoying.

Thanks
Thomas

Can't you just stream Video and Audio at the same time from the same place instead of making it separate..? I don't understand the point here... lol

Good point made above, will the device not stream audio too?

I'd have thought there'd be some sort of response time adjustment on the Antec box if you're getting noticeable delays between the video and sound.

I'd have thought there'd be some sort of response time adjustment on the Antec box if you're getting noticeable delays between the video and sound.

That's the concern. I want to wirelessly stream video to my projector which is mounted in the ceiling, and wirelessly stream sound to my speakers which are mounted far away from the projector through another wireless device. Currently the screenbeam recieves data over WiFi and sits next to the projector in the ceiling mount. The projector takes the HDMI received from the screenbeam, and then I run a long cable from audio output of the projector to my speakers.

I want to transmit to 2 wireless receivers, one with video for the project and another with audio for my speakers, in different locations, and have them both in sync.

What are my options?

Thanks
Thomas

Back
Top Bottom