wireless adapter

shooler

Solid State Member
hey all,
just built a new pc, found out from my isp that they can't provide ip addresses to 2 different cable modems in one house, so i have to send back the cable modem i ordered from newegg.. and buy a wireless card.

my router is a d-link DI-524. on d-link's site, they list http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=308&sec=0 as the only wireless PCI adapter that works with the router.

my question is will wireless PCI adapters made by other companies like linksys work correctly with my d-link router?

okay, makes sense

if i get a high-end card that supports wireless-g, i'm guessing my cheap old router will slow it down?

shooler said:
okay, makes sense

if i get a high-end card that supports wireless-g, i'm guessing my cheap old router will slow it down?
i believe so, i have a wireless g card and a wireless g router, wireless g works off of 2.4 GHZ standard wireless is like 802.11g. So your wirelss g card will do both but it would work better with a wirelss g compatable router

also any wireless networking hardware will work with other brands, ex. A linksys will work with a d-link because wireless frequency's are standard on all products.
but if you get wireless g card it will work the best with a wireless g router because it will utilize the more fasterness (if that's a word)

shooler said:
would the speedbooster technology it talks about work without the router being a linksys with the same technology?
yes i believe so, when you get a USB wireless devices BE SURE your usb port is 2.0 not the old 1.1. Or your wireless speed will suffer a little bit

it looks like your d link router already supports Wireless G

Back
Top Bottom