wired and wireless network

convergecult

In Runtime
ok i have a wired network right now with my two desktops and im getting a laptop soon and i would like for it to be wireless how can i still have my wired network for my desktops and then add a wireless one for my laptop?

yeah your router would have to support wireless connections before you can connect your laptop.

cool also i have it set up right now to where im just sharing internet conections between the two desktops now if im wanting to move files from pc to pc or pc to laptop or stream a video over the network from one pc to the laptop ect... how do i do that sorry i am very new to networking.....

ok i just noticed this question is being talked about in another post..so i have another question if i use the wireless router will my mac laptop im going to get work with it?

it can get and use the internet signal, but i'm not sure about sharing files or printers.

Well im gussing you have a wireless router already and they are sharing Internet and other cool stuff, if this is true all you need is to make sure your laptop has internal wireless adaptor when you buy it. Now if it doesnt you can buy a wireless card for your laptop and set it up the same way. How safe is your wireless setup? Does it have any codes that are needed for access?

Back
Top Bottom