Windows XP PRO Issues

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Okay I have so many problems in WIndows XP that instead of creaqting multiple threads I will just create it in this one big one that you guys can help.

Problems:

1) I cant use Windows Installer or in otherwords install any softwares.
2) Windows doesnt have any interface. Everytime I run Explorer.exe via Task Manager it tends to close it.
3) I can't use Housecall.antivirus.com to scan for viruses.

Any help?

Problems Extended

1) I cant use Windows Installer or in otherwords install any softwares. I must have been deleting some files to clear some space up my harddrive. I obviously deleted the wrong file and now I cant install anything. I used system restore to restore my cmoputer to an older time and it didnt work. NOw I cant even undo the restoration.
2) Windows doesnt have any interface. Everytime I run Explorer.exe via Task Manager it tends to close it. Because of trying to undo the restoration, it resulted in an incomplete one. So now windows doesnt show anything but the wallpaper. I can still run softwares via Task Manager though.

3) I can't use Housecall.antivirus.com to scan for viruses. This has been happening for a while. I tried using it in Firefox and it wont work. I tried using it in Internet Explorer and it wont work. The loading times seems to be extremely slow, and I never get to download the software even after leaving it online overnight.

yeah, give that a try in dos prompt...if you have the window xp pro cd's, it will replace the corrupt/missing files of the OS.

Back
Top Bottom