Windows XP loading screen glitch/Network device driver error

raceface

Baseband Member
So, one night, my computer froze and so I had to do a Hard restart. As it was booting up, the computer glitched when it was at the Loading Windows XP screen. (the screen where the background is black, it says Windows XP and there's a blue colored bar that scrolls left to right - this all comes before the WElcome screen/login page). Well as it was loading, the screen was showing like an overlapping glitch of windows xp logos and froze there.. it just looks like a glitch, but its frozen. no matter what I do, I can't get past this when I restart.

At the same time, I have a Netgear WPN311 wireless card in the PCI slot in back. I got it to boot once, and the computer said that there was an error in the network card driver. I tried reinstalling it, but it still wouldn't fix.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, in advance.

Try removing the Netgear wireless card and rebooting. You might have a problem with either the card or it's drivers.

could that network card be the source of the weird windows xp glitch i've been getting everytime i load up?

i never had a problem before, and i've had the same exact setup for about a year and a half now.

Back
Top Bottom