Windows Vista Problem

Raytheon

Baseband Member
I have windows vista rtm running with vmware, and I get a score of 1.0 on graphics and gaming graphics even when I have an evga 7900GT. I can't even get my monitor to it's native resolution (1680x1050), the only close choices are 1400x1050 and 1600x1200(not supported). Also, when I try to open solitarie or any other of those Microsoft games I get this message...
Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on.
I tried installing the latest vista drivers from the evga site, but didn't let me either. With my Asus driver cd I get a message saying that the os ain't supported. Does anyone know the way around this?

i had the same problem with my asus cd. you could possibly try uninstalling all video drivers, unplug the card, start the computer, download(not install) the latest nvidia drivers. Once you've done that, shut down, plug the card in, start up, and install the nvidia drivers and find out what you get.

Back
Top Bottom