Windows Task Manager

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

I have been having some trouble with my cpu performance in my windows task manager...and i am just wondering if you could do a diSk (hehehe) cleanup and have task manager out and see what you cpu perfromance gets too...mine hits 100percent for quite a while as its scanning and i am kind of worried....so if you could reply with what percentage you reached that would be great...

Ps My specs (may affect it):
AMD 64 3200+
512MB
GeForce 6600GT
K8N Neo2 Platinum

I sometimes reach 100% too, but it depends what i'm doing in the background.

Have you tried to defrag in safe mode? You'l find that defragging cleans up your drive and positions files so they are easier to access, which also does it faster.

You might find after running that, antivirus, and disk checkers finds it easier to find files needed to scan, and so it might not put as much pressure on the CPU.

I hope this helps :)

(PS: I'd correct the Disk Cleanup, if i were you :p)

Sorry Kage you lost me on the "correct Disk CleanUp" bit....also the reason i am worried is that my system ahs been restarting for unexpected reasons lately and i suppose it is because of it reaching 100 percent

ps have u listened to the songs i recommended yet?

Hmm, that is a bit weird... Have you ever ran a defrag though? It might be best, just to try.

If that doesn't fix it, try running less programs in the background while doing it , as they tend to be CPU intensive anyway.

and for the correction bit, just read what you put, and you'll notice it :p where i said disk cleanup...

No not yet, i will do though.

also as a side note i used to have a registry cleaning prgram but deleted it as i felt it was unnecessary...could it be i need to clean my registry?

Hmm, it couldn't hurt, and a defrag.

The registry might actually help, since this is what it'll uise as well to check what it needs to clean, so yeah, taht could help.

As for your system specs, theres nothing I can see that could be wrong. Your CPU's good, and 512mb of RAM isn't bad, but 1gb wouldn't hurt. Don't think it'd affect scanning much though.

i have ran a defrag today matter of fact and still got me lost of the correct disk cleanup thing sorry.....do u recommend any reg cleaners

No, but I use Norton System Works, and that seems to have one in the One Button Checkup that seems to work good.

As for that correction, check for a rude word, but i'll correct it if you want :p

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA i just saw that too i am sorry i didnt mean it and i know it is immature to laugh and i will edit right now but if i am permitted i will laugh hysterically at the same time...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom