Windows code 43 with 590 GTX

Hyiero

Beta member
I am having some 590 gtx problems and I believe it is just a bad card but I wanted to post it on here and get an opinion from some others. First things first,bought the card brand new about 2 weeks ago. When I got the card I put it in boot up windows and got the newest drivers for the 590 gtx. After the installation was complete I restarted windows, when I booted back up and tried running the nvidia control center it said "You are not currently using a displayed attached to a nvidia GPU." I thought this was weird so went into display manager and looked and saw that the 590 gtx was there but was reading "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)." After this I clean uninstall all the drivers and started installing other drivers. This problem occurred for every driver set except for the drivers that came with the installation disc which I believe are the 267.xx drivers. Thus worked and I was able to run the nvidia control center and utilize the 590, after about 10 mins i got a BSOD with a BCCode 116. After some research I realized that the error I was getting was because of failure to connect with the video card due to hardware or software issues so it timed out,thus causing the BSOD. This continued to happen every 10 to 15mins on these drivers. I have to mention this is over the course of 3 clean re-formats of windows 7. Also I stuck my old video card in which is a Radeon HD 4750 x2 and worked fine and is what I have been using on this system since I built it 3 weeks ago. Here is a bit about the setup -------

System Information OS name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS version: 6.1.7600 7600
System name: HYIERO-PC
System Product Name Processor: GenuineIntel Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 3.401 GHz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc., 0403 <-- Bios is fully updated and still a no go on it working and functioning properly.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM Available
OS Memory: 16288MB
RAM Page File: 1669MB used, 30905MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Also motherboard is an Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z 1000W CoolMaster Power supply Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.

This was my original post in evga video card section because my 590gtx is from evga. Anyway, I finally got around transferring the video card over to another computer to see if the problem followed the video card, and it did not. The video card is working fine in my old setup. Now I am at a loss of where to go from here, I have no idea why my 590 wont work in my current setup but will work in my old setup. I would think if the motherboard was bad that it would not allow my old video card(4750x2) to run 100% in working order, if anyone can give me any suggestions that would be much appreciated. This computer is running windows x32bit where my other is running x64, i dont see where that could be creating the issues,but throwing it out there if it could possibly be.

I'm going to assume you uninstalled the drivers for the 4750's and ran a driver cleaner on those as well? They shouldn't be causing this issue, but you never know sometimes.

As for the new card not working on the newer system, it's possible that the board may have issues with it in the current slot. Since it looks like you had a CrossFire configuration before, what happens when you plug the 590 into the other PCIe slot? It'll probably do the same thing, but it never hurts to try just in case.

Another thing you'll want to do is reset the CMOS on the motherboard, and, in an extreme case, see if a BIOS update is available that fixes this issue. The 590 is a beefy card, and it draws a TON of power. If there's any old configuration data on the motherboard in the BIOS, etc, it could cause hangups.

Failing that, you can install Windows to another hard drive and try running the system in a bare state and see if that isolates the problem. Could be Windows itself too.

Back
Top Bottom