Will This Work With Vista?

Xomphos

Baseband Member
Hey,

I've pretty much decided that I am going to probably get Windows Vista Home Basic 32-Bit soon for this PC:
-AMD Anthlon 64 X2 4200+
-2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 RAM
-MSI 8600GT OC Twin Turbo
-400GB SATA HDD
I built this computer recently and have been using XP on it till I was ready to upgrade to Vista. Recently, I saw a ad for Home Basic OEM for $49.99 which is a pretty good deal in my opinion. I was originally going to get Home Premium, but with that being around $99.99, I can't really justify spending around $50 for Aero (basically a slick Windows theme) and maybe Media Center.
Anyways, my question is that I have been using my old Dell Wireless 1180 USB 1.1 (yeah it's old) B adapter from my old PC on this one. I am wanting to know if I can install this external card and use it with Vista. I have the XP driver, but I am not sure if it will work. I remember trying Vista Beta 1 I believe out on my old PC and it wouldn't work (but that was Beta 1). This is the card: http://www.iwacstores.com/40194,auction_id,auction_friend,option,auction_details
So, do you think I will be fine with that?
If not, is there a cheap, good one you recommend? Maybe from Best Buy since I got a $10 gift certificate there? Also, if you do recommend one (given that my current one won't work), would you recommend a USB or PCI adapter and why?

Thanks.

check the dell website for the drivers

and vista basic is shit, so just stay with xp if your gunna want vista basic. trust me, even xp is better than that.

if you are going to get vista buy home premium but you wont be able to buy a OEM copy because you need to buy a motherboard cpu and hdd to buy OEM.
and your computer will be good enough for vista

Back
Top Bottom