Will my rosewill indoor antenna malfunction now that it is placed outdoors?

happygoluffy

Baseband Member
Hi, I have the Rosewill RNX-A5-EX. My connection is so much better outside. I put it in its orriginal box coverred it a garbage bag and have it outside. Rain shouldnt be a problem and it seems to be doing ok with the current temperatures. It's made for indoors though, can an antenna malfunction at freezing temperatures?

I see, well its worth the sacrifice as my mbps have tripled. I wasn't worried about heat, mostly the cold, it can get pretty cold in Montreal. As far as moisture goes I think my setup is air tight. Considering this, antennas are just metal right, I don't think there are electronic parts or anything.

how much did you pay for it? i know rosewill makes good products for cheap. so considering you situation i actually wouldnt worry about it. although wild animals like raccoons might mess with it.

how much did you pay for it? i know rosewill makes good products for cheap. so considering you situation i actually wouldnt worry about it. although wild animals like raccoons might mess with it.

Your right, it was pretty cheap 18.99 plus shipping. Its been outdoors for over a month and have survived rain, no freezin yet though so that should be interesting. It's on the third floor I don't think animals will bother with it.

Your right, it was pretty cheap 18.99 plus shipping. Its been outdoors for over a month and have survived rain, no freezin yet though so that should be interesting. It's on the third floor I don't think animals will bother with it.

As long as its not wet when it gets freezing, it should do fine.

Back
Top Bottom