Will mobile FS1 cpu work in FM1 desktop?

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
I replaced the cpu in my thinkpad edge with a 3550mx, and saw the 3300m selling on ebay for $20, that's comparable to a pentium D. Needless to say, I am disappoint.

Since I like doing stuff, and doing something with it is more effective than throwing it out or dealing with ebay scams for a meager $20, I'm going to try to do something with it. Perhaps a small server or a ubuntu test box or a hackintosh or something odd I don't already have.

I want to know if the FS1 mobile cpu will work in a desktop FM1 board, like the good 'ol 754 and socket A days.

Since the socket name is different, it would imply that the sockets are different. I don't think it'll work.

i looked at the fm1 today, its has a differnt pin layout, no way the fs1 is fitting in there unless the pins you cut off are somehow unneeded.

Are there any FS1 mini ITX or htpc boards out there? I would see the plus in mobile chips being low power draw and low heat.

I did a quick Google search and didn't turn up any desktop boards. It seems that FS1 is strictly a mobile socket.

Back
Top Bottom