Will It help?

Yes you will see in increase in speed. Oneof my customers wan to upgrade from his cheaper 5400 RPM drive that I put in at first because it was dirt cheap, to a faster 7200 RPM drive. I remember how slow the 5400 are and once that 7200 was in, holy crap, it is faster. Not blazing fast, but you can see the increase in access time.

the difference between 5400 and 7200 is the difference between night day.

An old p3 computer I have lyin around had a 5400 rpm hard drive in there, slow as dirt. The mobo supported ata100, so I shoved an 80gig western digital 7200 in there, and it loads up windows and does most other basic windows tasks (like browsing web, downloading, opening files, videos, etc) about as fast as my main computer does (see sig)

Most of the time you have the hard drive as the bottle neck when it comes to your computer running really slowly. (unless you have a bunch of crap running that is using up all your memory :p)

Your computer is as fast as your slowest part. Yes 7200 RPM is ideal. Any more is nice, but not really neccessary atm.

Like A Compaq Presario Running windows 98 LOL, I don't really get what your asking? What Part of the system?

If you download cpu-z it should give you information about all the parts of your comp, or you could go to control panel - system, should give you details about your cpu, amount of ram, etc.

Back
Top Bottom