Will having a p4 extreme edition with HT in a non EE compatible board hurt it?

Jorfee

Baseband Member
I have a p4 3.2ghz(prescott) extreme edition with HT in my asus mobo that supports HT but not EE. I have a socket 478 and I could only find one board on newegg that says it supported EE for my socket and it was an epox brand. Someone mentioned if I run a EE chip on a board that doesnt say EE comptabile I will ruin the board because of the diff voltages or something. Is this true?

Check EPoX's site for BIOS updates. They should describe what it updates.

I couldnt find much. What am I supposed to be looking for? I dont want a epox I just got an asus after my abit board went out. just wondering if anyone knew the details on whether it would ruin non EE mobos. or if I could change the voltage of the proc in my bios to adjust to the mobos liking

I don't honestly think it would be possible, since it'd mean turning part of the CPU off which could cause problems in itself.

Its weird you can only find one board...

Is there anywhere else you can look?

I tried tigerdirect.com and not much help. I tried zip zoom fly and not much there either. I guess socket 478's dont have alot out for them idk. Anyway I just put the new mobo in so i'd rather not have to take it back out and bring it back

Back
Top Bottom