wierd problem

Kalgatha

Fully Optimized
Installation errors

So my brothers computer recently started messing up alot. My dad tried to reformat and install windows back onto it, but it kept freezing up and wouldn't let him. so he decided that it was the motherboard, and bought a new one. well he installed it fine and got microsoft office installed and other programs that he uses in the household network. well my brother went to install one of his games on it and the part of the installation that makes you read the terms of service didn't show any text. but you can click next. so we did and then it started to install and didn't get very far and said "error 1101" so i installed the windows msi 3.5 and that gave me text on the TOS but now it just locks up windows about halfway through. How can i fix this? the app data file was corrupt, but i ran chkdsk through the OS disk and fixed that. and i ran ccleaner and norton. idk what to do, and would prefer not to reformat again. i gotta go back to college tomorrow and would like to get this fixed tonite if possible, thanx guys!

Re: Installation errors

its legit. cd straight from the box. its not just one, its all but one of his games. the one that works is ghost recon. the others are unreal tournament 3, guildwars, and several others. i've tried that and it says i already have a later version. should i uninstall it and install that one?

i found 3.5 and 4.5(beta) from the windows site, only installed 3.5 tho

EDIT: i went ahead and tried it ne wai, it says that the service pack i have already has more current software. xp service pack 3

i didn't install the beta version tho. i installed 3.5. but the 3.1 (v2) won't work because i have service pack 3.

Back
Top Bottom