Wi-Fi network help!

shemone

Solid State Member
Yo people... im kinda struggling with my network setup at home... i recently dumped the belkin router as it was constantly giving an intermittent signal... and got a new peak hardware router today.. this is the new router: http://www.peakhardware.com/products/productdetail.asp?PAID=48 ... firstly has been a pain in da A*S to setup... but got there eventually ended up using WPA2 (mixed) im assuming that allows TKIP and AES ... i managed to get all the laptops/computers in the house connected to the network using WPA2 TKIP .. but when it comes to XP i cant connect, can see the SSID but when i click connect and type in the correct key it doesn't connect .. doesn't even try to acquire an IP address ... any ideas why? HELP!

Edit: the network manager on windows XP hangs at waiting for network... after typing in the correct key and clicking connect.. then it will close after 2 minutes of doing that :|

Have you checked that DHCP is enabled on the router, and that the computer is set to pick up its address automatically from the DHCP server?

yes... IPs and DNS are given by the router works fine for both laptops, a wired PC a wired xbox 360... just 2 PC's on XP will not connect... ty for quick reply :)

no messages as such just the typical... screen shows you all the networks in range... the signals strenghts and whether or not their secured... then i select my network click connect... type in the PSK ... and get the box saying "Please wait while windows connects to the 'brown' Network.
"Waiting for network..."
Then it just closes ...

Edit: Did i mention they all connect fine if i have no security enabled :p

Back
Top Bottom